The final section of Surah An-Nisaa returns to the theme of the relationship between Muslims and the “People of the Book” (i.e. Christians and Jews). The Quran warns Muslims not to follow in the footsteps of those who divided their faith, added things to it, and went astray from the teachings of their prophets.
Surah An Nisa 148 to 176
- [4:148] Never proclaim the mistakes and evil deeds of others in public as Allah doesn’t like it and it is against the honor of people.
- [4:150] It’s forbidden to differentiate between prophets because Allah has granted each of them a special status.
- [4:153] Do not make halal what Allah has already declared haram like the People of the book.
- [4:163] All prophets were sent on a similar mission i.e., as givers of glad tidings and to warn the people.
- [4:170] It’s truly best for us to believe and follow the HAQ that was revealed on Prophet Muhammad (sallAllahu ‘alayhi wasallam) in the form of Qur’an and Hadeeth.
- [4:171] Protect your eeman and worship Allah alone without partners. Do not go to extremes in religion like the people of the book who exaggerated over their prophet until they elevated him from the rank of prophethood to being a god.
- [4:172] Never be too arrogant to accept and submit to the orders of Allah and don’t be embarrassed to carry out His rulings when others don’t…eg. Obligations like prayer, zakah, hijab, e.t.c.
- [4:174] Realize the Quran is a noor (light)! Don’t just recite it, but also consult it to guide your way and provide solutions to all your problems.
- Unshakeable eman in Allah and a strong relationship with Him will be the reason of all blessings in your life including guidance to the straight Path.
English Compilation: Sr. Mariam Anwer ( Quest for Paradise)