Surah Al A’raf Ayahs 1 to 65
- [7:3] Allah has revealed His Book to guide you and to warn you to stay away from worshipping others besides Him.
- [7:8] The level of your deeds will be determined by their weight in the Balance established on the Day of Judgement in the court of Allah. The ones whose scales are heavy – it is they who will be the successful. Ask Allah to make your mawaazeen (scales) heavy with good deeds on the Day of Judgement.
- [7:11] Be grateful to Allah Al Musawwir for the form He shaped you in. Stop complaining about your (or others’) looks.
- [7:12] Shaytan disobeyed Allah, refused to prostrate to Adam because of his arrogance so he was far removed from the Mercy of Allah. Never be arrogant as it is the seed to all bad deeds. Don’t ever think you are “better” than anyone nor look down on other people. That one good deed of a person who in your eyes isn’t as “good or religious” as yourself, might be more sincere and worthier to Allah than all your deeds together.
- [7:16-17 ] Shaytan has taken up a challenge to lead the children of Adam away from the straight path. He will stop you from doing good from every way that he can. Beware of Shaytan and his traps. Seek Allah’s protection.
- [7: 20] Shaytan whispered again and again to Prophet Adam until he disobeyed Allah. If he, being the prophet of Allah was not safe from Shaytan we are in more danger of his whispers and traps. Always make dua that Allah protects you from him. Shaytan’s major and ultimate goal is to make you ungrateful for the extreme favour o you Rabb which is GUIDANCE…so beware and always thank Him for it from your heart, tongue and actions. And for all the times you have fallen into ungratefulness, disobedience to Allah, accept your mistakes and Seek forgiveness from Him humbly like prophet Adam.
رَبَّنَا ظَلَمْنَا أَنفُسَنَا وَإِن لَّمْ تَغْفِرْ لَنَا وَتَرْحَمْنَا لَنَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ
“Our Lord, we have wronged ourselves, and if You do not forgive us and have mercy upon us, we will surely be among the losers.”
- [7:26] Realize the blessing of clothes Allah gave to you to cover and adorn yourself. Say the sunnah supplication when you dress yourself and teach your family too. At the same time, never let your love for fashion keep you away from any act of worship! (e.g neglecting the prayer because you want to go shopping, buying clothes with money you “don’t have” etc
- [7:31] Eat and drink, Wear nice things but don’t be excessive [spendthrift]. Allah doesn’t like those who commit excess. Also make an extra effort to wear clean clothes when you pray or go to the masjid.
- [7:40] Never be arrogant towards even one ayah or ruling in the Quran (O, hijab is not for me, I don’t need to follow that rule Or everybody deals in Riba/Interest…it can’t be avoided, e.t.c.) For maybe if you do so, Jannah will be made IMPOSSIBLE for you. Be humble.
- [7:42] Whatever you go through know, truly know, that Allah will not burden your soul with more you can bear and know one dip in Paradise will make you forget EVERY pain of this life.
- [7:43] If you are of the Muslims then be glad and grateful to Allah that He pulled out from the darkness of ignorance to the light of Islam. Feel thankful in your heat and say it out loud.
الْحَمْدُ لِلَّـهِ الَّذِي هَدَانَا لِهَـٰذَا وَمَا كُنَّا لِنَهْتَدِيَ لَوْلَا أَنْ هَدَانَا اللَّـهُ
“Praise to Allah , who has guided us to this; and we would never have been guided if Allah had not guided us”
- [7:43] One of the beautiful things in the people going to Jannah is that their hearts will be pure. Allah will remove whatever is within their breasts of resentment or hate for each other. And this is mentioned in two places in the Qur’an…this ayah and in Surah Al Hijr.
- [7:46] The people of A’raf will be those whose scales of good and bad deeds will be equal and they will be made to wait till a decision is made for their final destination. May Allah protect us from that agony! Aameen. Better to race in good deeds to fill up our scales of good deeds than to be one of the people of Al A’raf…insha Allah! C’mon the race is ON in this special season of good deeds where rewards are multiplied.
- [7:51] If you forget Allah in this life, be sure He will forget about you when you stand alone and scared on the Day of Judgement.
- [7:55] Take some time out each day in which you open your heart and talk to Allah, all alone with humility, fear and hope
- [7:57] Reflect on the blessing of rain and make dua when it rains. And thank Allah for it.
- [7:65] As Muslims we love all the prophets sent by All! Our dear Prophets Nuh, Hud, Salih, Lut and Shuaib (alayhimussalam) all worshipped one God and called their people to do good and leave off evil deeds.
May Allah guide us to reflect and act on these points. Aameen
English Compilation: Sr. Mariam Anwer ( Quest for Paradise)