Surah At Tawbah Ayahs 92 to 129
- [9:92] When you have a chance to work for a project to spread the message of Islam, be eager to help out. Don’t be like the hypocrites of Madina, backing out making lousy excuses instead of striving with their lives and wealth for the sake of Allah.
- [9:100] Race to do good deeds for the sake of Allah, just like Muhajiroon and Ansar of Madina at the time of the Prophet (sallAllahu ‘alayhi wasallam). Allah has promised them His pleasure and paradise.
- [9:101] If we don’t stop sinning, Allah can be punish us in this life and the Hereafter. Remind yourself; the punishment in the Hereafter is even worse.
- [9:102-103] The ones who know they have sinned and guilty about it should ask for forgiveness and give sadaqa as it purifies their soul and causes their wealth to increase.
- [9:104] When you’ve wronged someone do you ever apologize to them but forget to repent to Allah? When you say “sorry” to people, say “astaghfirullah” as well.
- [9:108] No good deed is accepted without Ikhlas. Build masajid for the sake of Allah. The Prophet (sallAllahu alyhi wasallam) said, “Whoever builds a mosque for the sake of Allaah, like a sparrow’s nest or even smaller, Allaah will build for him a house in Paradise.” (Ibn Majaah-738 Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani)
- [9:109] Build or start any business or project with a foundation of taqwa (ie observing the rules of Allah). If you build any business or venture without following Allah’s rules it will collapse.
- [9:111] Can you believe that you, a human being, can do a transaction/a trade with the Lord of the Worlds Himself? You strive for Him, for just a few moments in this temporary world, with your person and your wealth and you get eternal pleasure, peace and success. Wouldn’t a fool decline a transaction like this? Yet many are not willing to aid Islam nor raise their children to benefit the Ummah.
- [9:112] True believers are those who race to this transaction with Allah! They are the repentant, the worshippers, the praisers [of Allah ], the travelers [for His cause], those who bow and prostrate [in prayer], those who enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong, and those who observe the limits [set by] Allah. Are you one of them?
- [9:113] You can not ask for forgiveness for polytheists, whether they are relatives or not.
- [9:118] Never be lazy and ignorant in fulfilling obligatory duties. If you have an opportunity of doing a good deed just do it…it might be your only source of entering jannah. Never be lazy.
- [9:119] Having “good friends” is not just an extra, Allah commands us to be with the saadiqeen (those who are true to Allah), do you befriend people because of their status, money or looks or because of their Deen?
- [9:122] Every community should have a special group of people who possess authentic knowledge of Deen. They should regularly check on their people, keep reminding them of the rules and obligations set by Allah and impart knowledge to all who seek it.
- [9:124] Ask Allah that whenever you read a surah or its translation, it increases you in emaan. And emaan means faith and action.
- [9:128] Remind yourself how much the Prophet (sallAllahu alayhi wasallam) cared for you, your guidance and your Akhirah, without even knowing you. Show and prove your love for him by following his ways. Learn a new sunnah and share it with others.
- [9:129] What happens when you say: “hasbiyAllahu laa ilaaha illaa huwa ‘alayhi tawakkaltu wa huwa Rabbul ‘arshil ‘adheem” SEVEN times in the morning and evening, every single day inshaaAllah? Allah will grant you whatever you desire from this world and the next (hadith reported in Abu Dawud and Ibn As-Sunni). Start saying this amazing dua each day.
English Compilation: Sr. Mariam Anwer