Surah Ra’ad 1- 43
- [13:2] Look at the sky every day and think of your meeting with Allah.
- [13:6] Find a balance in being afraid for Allah’s punishment and hope for His reward. Don’t be too “strict” as it can make you give up (good deeds) – nor too “loose” as it can make you give in (to bad deeds).
- [13:9] Allah is: الْكَبِيرُ الْمُتَعَالِ, The Grand, the Exalted. He knows everything in the heavens and the earth. Turn to Him and be sincere to Him.
- [13:14] Do not ask/call anyone other than Allah. Those whom you call/ask other than Allah, can’t do anything for you. They themselves are in need of Allah.
- [13:15] Everything in the universe, even shadows prostrate to Allah with humility but disbelievers refuse to understand and submit.
- [13:17] Be of those who are of benefit to the people as only such people feel happy and satisfied. Be merciful to the people and Allah will be the same and more to you.
- [13:21] Imagine a family member is continuously being nasty to you, would you even want to see them, let alone visit them out of yourself? However, the Prophet salallahu alayhi wa sallam mentioned that:
“The true waasil (one who joins or connects) is the one who tries to uphold family ties with those who “cut off” from him.
Ibn ‘Umar said, “If someone fears his Lord and maintains ties of kinship, his term of life will be prolonged, he will have abundant wealth and his people will love him.”
(Grade: Hasan by Al-Albani -Reference : Al-Adab Al-Mufrad 58)
So make that phone call, buy a gift or go and visit that family member whom you were not in good contact with- and know for sure that, your reward is with Allah.
- [13:22] Those who are patient just for the sake of Allah and gazing at His Face, will have Eternal Gardens as reward.
- [13:23] Make dua you will be together with your family in Jannah.
- [13:25] Never cut yourself off from family (unless it is to safeguard your Deen)- beat that ego!
- [13:28] Know, truly know, that from all that is out there, the only thing that will assure your heart is the remembrance of Allah. Never seek to fill your emptiness with shopping, a relationship or any wordly matter to a point that your peace of mind depends on it – as it will leave you more empty.
English Compilation: Sr. Mariam Anwer (Quest for the Paradise)