The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said:
“He who is not trustworthy has no faith, and he who does not keep his word has no religion.” (Bayhaqi)
- Truthfulness is not simply speaking the truth. But Truth begins with heart 💖, then manifests itself through the tongue, then actions, and eventually maamlaat.
- Being truthful is the basis or foundation of all goodness.
- Truthfulness is the foundation of prophethood.
- When Heraclius, the ruler of Rome, asked Abu Sufyan about the characteristics of the Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam), one of his questions was, “Did you ever accuse him of lying before he said what he said?” Abu Sufyan, though an enemy of the Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) at his time, replied, “No.” Heraclius said: “If he refrained from telling lies about people he would not go and tell lies about Allah.”
- Truthfulness is the result of taqwa and is the cause of praiseworthy characteristics.
- It is related to Lisan (Zuban), Qalb (heart) and amal (deeds). If there is any loose connection between any of them, then one will not be in the list of siddiqeen.
- Salah and Sadaqah are examples of truthfulness, that shows, one’s true devotion and service to Allah subhanu’ watalah.
So many time we heard, Allah subhanu’ watalah can forgive His rights (haqooq ul Allah) but not rights of others (haqooq ul ibad). If a person doesn’t have good connection in the form of prayer with his Lord, while good in relationships with others, how can we believe him? If he is disobedient to his Lord, he is not a trustworthy, salah is the first action (amal) of momin, by which he shows gratitude and submission to his Creator. So it is not enough that a person just believes without action, or that a person has actions without statements and no belief. Rather, the individual has to have belief, he has to have correct statements, and he has to have actions. Sadqa another example of truthfulness, a deed that shows, one’s true devotion and service to Allahsubhanu’ watalah.
Fruits of Truth:
Sincerity, honesty and trustworthiness those are foundations of any relation, either its personal or professional.
Fruits of Lie:
Hypocrisy, fraud, insincerity, dishonesty, and superficiality. Relationships based on these attributes can end any minute, since they thrive on the exchange of selfish, worldly, material benefits.
Points of Action
- We have to check our attitude towards our prayers (salah).
- To attain love of Allah, high ranks in Jannah and to build strong relations in dunya, we should strive to avoid all kinds of lie, big or small, hidden or open, in word or in writing; no matter what comes our way as a result. As a result, we will attain title of Siddiq/Siddiqa in’sha’Allah.
Beautiful Dua to see the Truth, follow the truth and to see the falsehood and stay away from falsehood
اللهُمَّ أَرِنَا الحَقَّ حَقّاً وَارْزُقْنَا التِبَاعَةَ وَأَرِنَا البَاطِلَ بَاطِلاً وَارْزُقْنَااجْتِنَابَهُ، بِرَحْمَتِكَ يَا أَرْحَمَ الرَّاحِمِينَ
“O Allah! Let us see the good as good, and bless us with following it. And show us the falsehood as falsehood, and bless us with staying away from it, with Your mercy, O Most Merciful “.
May Allah subhanu’ watalah include us among the siddiqeen Ameen
Gems Shared by: Group of Alhuda Sisters
Based on the lecture of Dr. Farhat Hashmi: